Tuesday, March 4, 2008

When the Rainbow Goddess Wept - published in Turkey

Apparently the Turkish version of When the Rainbow Goddess Wept is valid. My US publisher failed to inform me that the Turkish rights were sold to this publisher in Istanbul. Imagine how I felt, dear Readers, when a person from the University of Michigan Press told me this! I don't know what year it was published in Turkey, and if it is still in print at all. I don't even a copy! I am still waiting for further explanation from the University of Michigan Press.

Let me clarify that my contract with the University of Michigan Press allowed them to sell the rights - and we split the advances and royalties according to the contract. So they did nothing wrong in selling Turkish rights, but well, it would have nice if they let me know, however. It's not every day one's work is translated and published in Turkish.

I told the person I could have mentioned that in my resume! I was in Turkey once, and am planning to go to Turkey again - I could have, or could contact the publisher to arrange for a book signing.

Well, let us wait and see, dear Readers.

No comments: