Friday, September 11, 2009

BEST LECHE FLAN RECIPE with Vietnamese Touch

A few years ago I watched the cooking channel and saw a Vietnamese woman prepare leche flan. I've been using her recipe and love it. The flan turns out perfect, smooth and creamy, and not so heavy. Here's the recipe:

Leche Flan with Vietnamese Touch
4 eggs
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp vanilla
sugar to carmelize container
Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla. I carmelize sugar in a pan and spoon out brown sugar-liquid into the bottoms of pyrex containers. I put the mixture into the containers, around 2/3 or 3/4 full. I double boil for around 45 minutes at 325 degrees.

Let the pyrex containers cool. Run knife around the edges and loosen flan before flipping onto a serving plate, spoon carmelized sugar over the top. Delicious!

No comments: