Sunday, October 4, 2009

Federation of Filipino American Associations, Inc Event


The Federation of Filipino American Associations, Inc. held it's annual Filipino American History Month celebration on October 3, 2009 at the Long Beach Marriott Hotel. My husband and I attended this event because our long-time friend, John Allen, received an award from the Association. The other honorees were: Mary Salas, Irene Castillo, David Zanta, and The Asian Journal. Members of the Association and guests who were present include: Leo Pandac, Luz Bag-Aw, Victor Manalo, Tonia Reyes-Uranga, Jose Baldonado,Cirilo Pinlac, Paul Blanco, and Benito Miranda.

I was amused to learn who the mother of Benito Miranda is - Carmen Moras, one of my mother's friends in Cebu. My mother used to talk about Mameng Moras. I also recalled Benito's old maid aunts, the Moras sisters, who were famous for wearing huge diamond earrings everyday.

Following are some pictures. The picture above shows John and Elizabeth Allen and Lauren Brainard. That's Mac sprawled on the floor; Mac has a Facebook account as Mack Nificent.





No comments: