Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dear Readers of Cecilia Brainard's Blog

Add caption


Dear Readers,

Quietly as to have almost been missed by me, this blog had it's 250,000th hit. I know 250,000 is not a viral number but for a literary blog, such as this, that's respectable.

Now I got myself muddled but got it clarified that what that figure means is my blog has received 250,000 Page Views not necessarily 250,000 Visitors.   

But let's not be technical because even techies argue over Stat definitions. Besides I know it's quality that counts, not quantity.

I felt a glow looking at that six-digit number. Don't laugh. Listen there must be a billion quadrillon blogs out there all clamoring for your time, but you, dear Readers, have chosen to spend your time with me here in this blog, and I'm grateful.  During work hours, you've sneaked a look at my blog. After or before you've checked your emails, you've dropped in.  Over your cup of coffee or tea, while playing with your tablet or i-Pad, you've visited; deep in the night when insomnia struck, you sought solace in my blog.  In other words you have made my blog part of your life --- thank you.



Seriously, I hope my entries have amused you, given you some information, some appreciation of the world that surrounds us, inspired you, lightened your spirit as to make the day go by faster. And to the insomniacs, read away: my blog has quite a lot of entries, and some of them could just do the trick and make you sleep.

Now I know you are all dying to know who my Readers are.  So here goes, starting with the highest hits.  You come from the United States, the Philippines, Germany, France, Russia, United Kingdom, Canada, Ukraine, Netherlands, Greece,  and I do know there are visitors from Poland, Iran, Brazil, Indonesia and all other parts of the world, but their numbers are fewer and don't show up in the Stats.

Interesting, isn't it! Anyway, I found this interesting.

I suspect that many of these visitors or hits (which sounds dreadfully impersonal) are dropins and will never again return -- one-night standers if you will.  But let me assure you there are the faithful (or addicted) visitors who check my blog regularly.

Well, as you can guess, I'm still in Makati and killing my time this morning by writing this Open Letter to all of you. As we say in Cebuano "balik-balik," come again, return, drop-in, you are most welcome. You can stop by at any time of day or night.

Sincerely Yours,


Cecilia Manguerra Brainard

P.S. And listen, if you haven't visited my Official Site, here it is
http://www.ceciliabrainard.com

I'm in Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ceciliabrainard), and have some pages in there that ask to be liked. The one linked to my Wikipedia page has such a pathetic "Like" count.  When you're in FB next, search Cecilia Brainard or When the Rainbow Goddess Wept.  For some reason, Wiki has cross-linked me with my first novel.

Hasta luego, Cecilia here from Makati still.
~~~

tags: Cecilia Brainard, Philippine Literature, blogs, writers

1 comment:

Richard said...

Congratulations! I'm proud to be one of the people who share vicariously in your travel.

Keep it up!
Richard Little