Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Roast Turkey for Christmas Eve - #Cooking, #Food


I was hemming and hawing about whether I'll fix a roast or turkey for Christmas Eve, and on Monday I decided on a roast. That would be Monday, December 22.

I drove to Costco and the crowd there was unbelievable. There was absolutely no parking. I went around several times until I finally gave up. I went to Smart and Final where all the nice roasts were gone. I settled on a turkey.


Now, I'll confess turkey intimidates me. I think it's the size of the bird that freaks me out. I have a 23 pounder and it's frozen. I don't have space in the refrigerator and I can't leave it in the sink because it'll thaw out too soon. I put it in a cooler with ice and and plan to roast it on Christmas Eve.

I have cranberries, stuffing, and I'll make mashed potatoes -- the whole works.



At this point, I've given up on shopping and decorating, and am now worrying about the food.

There's a lot of work that goes into celebrating Christmas, so be sure and thank your "cooks" for the holiday celebrations.

Read also:
Cooking with Cecilia- Pancit Bihon Guisado, Filipino rice noodle dish 
Cooking with Cecilia Brainard - Quiche
Cooking with Cecilia Brainard - Linguine with Clams
Cooking Lengua Estofada 
Food Essay - Fried Chicken Caribbean-style
How I Learned to Make Leche Flan (or How I Met my Husband)
Cooking with Cecilia - Leche Flan (Vietnamese Style) 
Recipe of Balbacua Cebuana from Louie Nacorda 
Easy Filipino Recipes from Maryknollers
Cooking with Cecilia - Beef Bourguignon 
Cooking with Cecilia - Chicken Soup for my Bad Cold 
Cooking with Cecilia - Short Bread Cookies and Friar Tuck in my Kitchen!

Tags: Christmas, holiday, meals, food, drink, turkey, roast turkey
This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: