Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Historic Convention Speech of Michelle Obama



Dear Readers,

I will confess that the politics in the US has been wearing me down, but the speech that First Lady Michelle Obama gave at the democratic convention lifted my spirit, gave me hope, made me proud.

What Michelle said is true: the US is  a great country.

As an immigrant who showed up a student in California decades ago, I have always said, "America is a generous country."  I point to myself who appeared with two suitcases and vague dreams, and how I have become part of the fabric of America, how this country afforded me opportunities to be a writer, and how I and my family have, with work and luck, managed to lead productive lives.

I am sharing links to Michelle Obama's speech that will be remembered for all ages. It is the best I have ever heard or read. How refreshing it is to listen to someone with grace and class and who pulls out the best of what man/woman can offer, as opposed to those who inspire hatred and violence.

She is correct when she says, "When crisis hits, we don't turn against each other, we listen to each other. We lean on each other. We are always stronger together."

And she is right on when she says: "Don't let anyone ever tell you that this country is not great. That somehow we need to make it great again. Because this right now is the greatest country on Earth."

Watch and read her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNWYqDU948

And here is the transcript of her speech: http://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12282760/transcript-michelle-obama-dnc-speech

The photo of Michelle Obama is courtesy of Wikipedia.

Read also
More Wedding Pictures of Andrew and Swapna #Andrew...
Doing Lunch with Man's Best Friend #dogpics
News Articles that Warn About Donald Trump
Visiting the Jewelry District of Los Angeles, Cali...

Tags; politics, #Michlle Obama #DonaldTrump #HillaryClinton #FLOTUS #DNC

This is all for now,
Cecilia





No comments: