Sunday, August 14, 2016

Philippine Writers: Visiting F. Sionil Jose, Tessie Jose, Melissa Ramos, Nadine Sarreal





As I wind down my trip to the Philippines, I'd like to share these pictues with people dear to me. The photo above shows Philippine National Artist, F. Sionil Jose and his wife Tessie Jose. They had invited me to dinner but because I another engagement, we had a lovely merienda at their iconic bookshop. La Solidaridad. We always have lively discussions and this time we talked about Duterte and Trump among other topics!  We are also planning a book launching at their bookshop in January to celebrate the forthcoming release of two of my books,. Being a bit superstitious, at this point, I will not reveal the titles. Stay tuned to find out what books these are!


On another occasion I had a long lunch with Nadine Sarreal (left) and Melissa Ramos at the Manila Pen. I've had great fun with these women. One time we had a writer's retreat in Tagaytay and on another occasion, a retreat in Palawan. Susan Evangelista, who is part of this small writers group was unfortunately absent. We missed her.

Note the orchid on the table, it plus two other vases were used to surround and insure that our table only had happy creative vibes.

This is all for now, dear Readers. Perhaps the next time you hear from me will be when I'm back at my desk in Santa Monica. Oh, I miss those two cats of mine that hang around me as I work. More, then, God willing ....


Read also
      Tags: Philippine writers, authors, Philippine National Artisst, F. Sionil Jose, Melissa Ramos, Nadine Sarreal, womwn, literature, Filipino

      This is all for now,

      Cecilia


No comments: