Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Philippine delegation 2024 Frankfurt Book Fair - Cecilia Brainard Report #2

 

L-r: Philippine Consul Mary Luck Hicarte, Cecilia Brainard, Consul Mina


I made it to Frankfurt! Weather was gray and it was around 61 degrees mid-day. My Uber driver was a chatty young man who was perhaps showing off his English skills. "Ask me any question," he said. "Where's the sun?" I said.


My room at the nHow is just fine, with windows and lots of whatever-sunshine can stream in. NHow has theme-rooms and I got one with Queen Elizabeth and the US dollar -- not sure what-all is going on with the decor, but it's a nice, modern, large room that's literally a stone's throw from the fair grounds. 


I received a ticket to the Frankfurt Book Fair Opening and had the opportunity to meet some delegates and Philippine consular folk. I have to sort out my photos but here are some not yet identified.


Stay tuned for more updates.


No comments: