Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Visiting The Philippine Graphic and Alma Anonas-Carpio




  
I visited Alma Anonas-Carpio at her office at the Philippines Graphic, where she works as Associate Editor. I stopped by to pick up copies of the Graphic that published my work, The Incident, a chapter from the novel I’m now rewriting.

I had an interesting visit with her. Our topics ranged from literature to health, from erotica to Nancy Drew --- as Emeril would say Bam! ---We were all over the place. We didn’t even scratch the surface. Another meeting with Alma is planned when I return to Manila since there is much to talk about.

Here are some pictures of Alma and her newsroom.

Some of my first short stories were published by the Philippine Graphic, so I feel a connection with the Graphic. (It and Focus Philippines were the first to validate my storytelling.) The Graphic features news, editorials, fiction, and poetry.  It has showcased the writings of numerous Filipino writers. Their standards, by the way, are very high, which accounts for the high quality of this magazine. 


     Tags: Philippine Graphic, Philippines, media, magazine, Manila, Filipino, journal, periodical
      
     This is all for now,
      Cecilia


No comments: