Monday, February 27, 2017

Pasadena Daughter: Merwyn McKay Bergquist

Merwyn Joyce McKay, when she was around 20 years old

Dear Readers,

I have a lot of catching up to do, but on top of my to-do-list is to prepare a Power Point presentation about my mother-in-law, Merwyn Joyce McKay Bergquist, who passed away last Feb. 8, 2017. She was 92 years old and had been in good health -- driving still --- until around six months before she died. She had colon cancer, underwent an operation, but unfortunately did not rally. I mention this to encourage all to have a colonoscopy when recommended by doctors, and even to ask for one if you have a family history of this disease.

Merwyn and older sister, Eileen Lorraine, with their father Lawrence Charles McKay

I loved my mother-in-law.  When I first met her, I was around 22 years old and she was 44. Looking back I realize she was a young woman, with a husband and six children, a very busy person, who was involved with her church and community.



She was always kind and fair to me and she has become a role model of how I should behave as a mother-in-law.

As a gesture of my love for her, I offered to make a Power Point presentation at a family gathering later in March. I will be sharing pictures in this blog that will go into that presentation.  I am not sure exactly how the Power Point presentation will go, and if you have suggestions, feel free to email me at cbrainard@aol.com.

The pictures in today's blog focus on when she was young.

l-r: Merwyn with her mother Blanche
Merwyn's father, Lawrence Charles McKay, taken circa WWI

Stay tuned for more family pictures featuring Merwyn McKay Bergquist.

 Tags: family, Pasadena, California, Merwyn Bergquist #MerwynBergquist

Read also:
McKay Family History (courtesy of Julii Brainard Swinny)

No comments: