Monday, April 8, 2013

What's Coming Up for Cecilia Manguerra Brainard?

 What's Coming Up for Cecilia Manguerra Brainard?



1)  Linda Nietes of Philippine Expressions has graciously invited me to participate in her Authors' Night event coming up this Friday, April 19, 2013, 5:30-9 p.m, at 1145 Wilshire Blvd, LA, CA 90017.

Ten Filipino and Filipino American Authors will be there to talk about their books; there will be book signing.  They are:  Almira Astudillo Gilles, Marvin Gapultos, Giovanni Ortega, Sumi Sevilla Haru, Janet Stickmon, Criselda Yabes, Steven Yagyagan, and me, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard.

I'll be posting the official invitation from Philippine Expressions in the next day or two. 

2) Now, this is very interesting: a  Peace Corps Volunteer in the Philippines has invited me to be part of a Writers' Workshop this May.  Susan Brooks, who's assigned in Bago, Negros, is arranging an Author's Talk in May, via Skype!

I was forced to get a Skype account. And guess what? -- I tried it out and love it.  It's a fantastic tool! And as you can see, there are a lot of possibilities for its use.

3)  I also have some  trips coming up, but I'll talk about those after they've occurred and I have some pictures to post.

In the meantime, I'm slugging away on my novel in Eve Caram's Private Novel Workshop.

When I have time, I'm gardening.( I'm delighted to see many bees in my garden!)

Thanks for reading and enjoy Spring now that it has finally arrived.

Cecilia

~~~
tag: Cecilia Brainard, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Filipino, Philippine, author, writer, novelist, fiction, Philippine American, Filipina

No comments: