Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Travel: Looking Forward to Paris, Berlin, Heidelberg, Frankfurt



I'm planning a trip to Paris, Berlin, Hiedelberg and Frankfurt and I'm looking forward to this trip.

I love Paris! And as far as Germany is concerned, the only German place I visited was Baden-Baden.
What I'd like to do, and I'll blog more about when and if this happens, is to follow the footsteps of Jose Rizal, the Philippines' National Hero.




Rizal lived from 1861-1896. A renaissance man, he was a novelist, poet, ophthalmologist, painter, sculptor, revolutionary. His two novels, Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo, served as the catalyst to spur on the Philippine revolution against Spain. He was executed by the Spanish Army on December 30, 1896.


Rizal had visited many countries, including France and Germany.  Here are some sites in Paris and Germany with markers honoring Jose Riza.

Here also are two pictures of Jose Rizal and friends in Paris.






But this won't happen right away, so be patient, dear Readers, as I must learn to be.

Read also
Burma
Colonial Mexico
Tags: travel, tourism, France, Germany, Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Heidelberg, Jose Rizal, Cecilia Brainard

This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: