Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Batik Face Masks by Cecilia






Message from Cecilia Brainard:

I made some batik face masks, lined with cotton and flannel, with pockets for filter.

People have asked me if they can buy these and I’m making them available as a fund raiser for PALH (Philippine American Literary House).

I have two colors, blue or pink. I have three sizes, small, medium, and large. Each one is $30; if you get two, you get a third one as a gift. US shipping is $10. Email me at cbrainard@aol.com and I can send you a paypal invoice.

I wash these in warm water and while they can tolerate the dryer, it is better to hang dry them. I also run an iron over them to make the pleats more crisp although they don’t look bad if unironed.

For filters, I use coffee filter with nonwoven gauze sandwiched in between.

You can also change the loops so they tie in the back of your head. You will have to use your own cord or ribbon. In some cases, you use 2 long cord so the bottom cord is continuous.


#covid19facemasks #coronavirus #facemasks

No comments: