The writers group, PEN USA West, which was/is part of the PEN International group, has changed over the years, and I found no information about the years I served as an Executive Board Member. I represented PEN as a Delegate to the International Congress in Barcelona (April 1992) and in Santiago de Compostela (September 1993).
As secretary of the Executive Board, I used to have more materials -- newsletters and such, but they are mostly gone. I found the following and am sharing here.
During the time I served in the Executive Board, the Director was Walter Bray. He was later replaced by a woman named Sheryl (?) . Carolyn See had recruited me to be on the board. Other active PEN board members were Joanne Leedom-Ackerman, and Harriet Rochlin
I will add in this post, information and pictures that I find in my files about PEN USA West, especially since the current PEN USA West and PEN New York seem to have no archival material about PEN USA West at that time.
Following is a PEN newsletter about the Barcelona Congress, including a separate write up.
READ ALSO:
Perspectives in the Arts and Humatiies Asia - Dr. Charlie Veric Interviws Cecilia Brainard
Ateneo Students Reponses 2026- Linda Ty-Casper's Book Launch
Cecilia Brainard & Linda Ty-Casper Events at Ateneo Literary and Cultural Studies Program
Released: Linda Ty-Casper's A Small Party in a Garden: Revised and Critical EditionWas Linda Ty-Casper Really a Saling-Pusa - Article about Ty-Casper in Postively Filipino
Gardens and Mountains of Philippine Literature by Charlie Samuya Veric














No comments:
Post a Comment