Friday, June 12, 2015

More re Reading at Skirball Cultural Center for UCLA Extension's Writers' Program




These two photos were taken when I was reviewing my piece for the Reading at Skirball Cultural Center for the Writers' Program of UCLA Extension. Each reader had 5 minutes, which makes for a difficult selection. 

I read from a chapter of my third novel, and I'll post that piece in my blog sometime - "The Incident."


The readers in order of appearance were: Barbara Abercrombie, Harry Youtt, Mike Buckley, Shawna Kenney, Liz Gonzalez, Laurel Ann Bogen, Nancy Spiller, Ian Randall Wilson, Rachel Kann, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Peter Serchuk, Colette Sartor, Suzanne Lummis, and Lou Matthews, with Linda Venis as moderator.

The readers shared poetry and excerpts of personal essays and fiction. One and one-half hours flew!

Photo shoot before the literary reading




As always it was fun, and I have to thank Linda Venis and the staff of the Writers' Program for hosting the annual publication party.



Read also
Tags: literature, writing, reading, Writers' Program, UCLA Extension

This is all for now,
Cecilia





No comments: