Friday, June 19, 2015

Vintage Pictures of Jolo, Sulu in Southern Muslim Philippines



I've been looking at vintage pictures of Sulu and Mindanao to help me with my current novel-in-progress.  It's part-research and part-imagining where some of my characters could have lived.


The top picture was the Sultan's Palace in Maimbung, Jolo, Sulu, and following is another view of the Palace.
 . 

Sultan's Palace in Maimbung, Jolo, Sulu


Palace of Sultan Haru Ar-Rashid, 1886-1894, Jolo, Sulu

Gate and Entrance, Jolo, Sulu

Jolo 1910
Sulu Mosque


Photos courtesy of Wiki

Read also
Vintage Pictures of Zamboanga, Mindanao, Southern Muslim Philippines
Explosion and Drawing as Writing Exercises
Your Writing Work Space
The Importance of Sensual Writing
Vintage Pictures that Help me Write My Novel

Tags: writing, creative writing, literature, pictures, Southern Philippines
This is all for now,
Cecilia

No comments: