Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Antique Vintage Filipina Dresses #Philippines #sayas



I'm featuring antique/vintage dresses worn by my Cuenco relatives. These antique Filipina gowns and clothes are now gone. My aunt, Teresita Cuenco Gonzalez, told me that during World War II in Cebu, they cut up the old gowns to make into other dresses to sell, to help them survive.

Take the time to study these antique/vintage dresses. They come from a time that is no more.

The top picture is my mother, Concepcion Cuenco. My mother is the one in the middle of the children's picture.

Concepcion Cuenco




 Concepcion Cuenco

 l-r: Consuelo Cuenco, Carmen Cuenco


Family of Mariano and Filomena Cuenco (my mother, Concepcion) is second from the left)

My grandmother Filomena Alesna Cuenco

 Filomena Cuenco
 Filomena Cuenco


Adults l-r: Filomena Cuenco, Lourdes Cuenco

 Lourdes Cuenco
 Lourdes Cuenco
 Lourdes Cuenco
 Lourdes Cuenco
 l-r: Milagros Veloso Cuenco and Manuel Cuenco
 Teresita Cuenco
Teresita Cuenco

Cuenco Family, photo circa 1912 (my mother is the youngest girl holding a doll)

Read also
Tags: Cebu, Philippines, vintage, antique, dresses, Filipina, gowns, sayas, dress design, clothes, Cuenco

This is all for now,


No comments: