Friday, May 19, 2023

Pastel Art at Musee d'Orsay - No. 2

 


This is the second batch of photos I took at the pastel exhibit at the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. These are by Master Artists Edgar Degas, Edouard Manet and Mary Cassatt. 

I was thrilled to see these famous works with my own eyes. I had the opportunity to scrutinize the strokes these masters did using pastels and crayon. They knew how to draw. They did not smear their pastel to blend colors, but used strokes, so that in some cases, the look is quite graphic.

I have more photos of paintings and I'll get that up in my blog. The artists among you will enjoy them. I should clarify that I'm not posting all the pastels displayed there, but I am choosing the ones that spoke to me. 

Enjoy! 

































Read also

Pastel Art No. 2 at Musee d'Orsay


#pastelart #pasteldrawing #masterarts #painting #pastelists

No comments: