Friday, September 27, 2013

Where Have All the Young Men Gone? - Memorabilia photos Cecilia Brainard



Dear Readers,
 I've picked the theme of  "Young Men" in this entry, but it includes a group of young ladies who actually called themselves "The Magnificent Seven" - see picture below; that's me with the bangs. (Hawaiian parties must have been popular!)


I think you can figure out which one I am in the pictures. Most of the people in the pictures are from Cebu, but I'm not identifying them because they may not want to be identified - who know what jealous wives lurk about!

I'm having fun scanning these pictures. Some of them are small-sized and barely decipherable, but I can scan them to a bigger size at 350 dpi and the results are amazing.

Let's see what other pictures I find tomorrow.

Just to reassure some of my regular visitors, even while I'm scanning these old pictures and sharing them in my blog, I AM doing my serious writing.

Have a great day!














Read also

School Life in the Philippines in the '60s - Description and Memorabilia photos
Post-War Cebu Life - More Memorabilia photos
The Bachelors and Femina Days of Cebu - Memorabilia photos
Old Photographs and Memories 
The Schools I attended, Part 1, St.Theresa's College
The Schools I attended, Part 2, UP & Maryknoll
The Schools I attended, Part 3, UCLA

Saying Goodbye to Papa
Where the Daydreaming Came From 
Death of a Carnival Queen

Cooking with Cecilia Brainard - Quiche
Cooking with Cecilia Brainard - Linguine with Clams
Cooking Lengua Estofada
Food Essay - Fried Chicken Caribbean-style
How I Learned to Make Leche Flan (or How I Met my Husband)
Cooking with Cecilia - Leche Flan (Vietnamese Style) 
Recipe of Balbacua Cebuana from Louie Nacorda
Easy Filipino Recipes from Maryknollers
Cooking with Cecilia - Beef Bourguignon
Cooking with Cecilia - Chicken Soup for my Bad Cold 

The Rats and James Dean's Porsche

ags: Philippines, Cebu, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, pictures, photographs, Cebuano, society, friends, memorabilia

All for now,
Cecilia 

No comments: