Sunday, August 25, 2013

Coming up - Brazil!!! by Cecilia Brainard


COMING UP -- BRAZIL!!!


I wonder about the Copacabana
Ipanema too
if the boy is still tall and tan
and handsome
tiny string bikinis
wrapping around
sandy bodies
Christ on the mount
reaching out






Black Orpheus movie ...
shacks cascading
people with the Zamba beat
the Rio Negro swirling
midnight water
ferocious mosquitoes
in the Amazon



Will the churches
of Salvador,
Bahia food,
the mighty Iguazu
surprise me?

Will I learn to say
Nao entendi
Tudo bem?
obrigada
bom dia
boa tarde
boa noite?


Stay tuned, dear Readers!!! 

Read also

Ate Logo,
Cecilia
 

P.S. I've got my Cutter's Deet-free insect repellant!

The photos of Brazil above are courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Read also


tags: travel, holiday, Brazil, South America, Latin America


No comments: