Friday, August 9, 2013

My Father's Picture in Tau Alpha Fraternity, UP


 I got this message from Chris Doctor in response to my blog entry, The Schools I Attended - Part 2, UP & Maryknoll.  I was very happy to see the picture of my father, front, seated, fifth from right, in a dark suit.

Because World War II destroyed many pictures of my parents, I saw only one other picture of my father before the War, so this is very special. Thank you Chris Doctor and regards to Tau Alpha Frat
~ Cecilia
~~~
Dear Cecilia,
Prof. Mariano Manguerra was Tau Alpha's first faculty adviser. He was a professor in civil engineering.

We have photo of him on our Tau Alpha Facebook Page.
https://www.facebook.com/taualphafraternity

Go to the bottom of the page and click on the photo.

Regards,
Chris Doctor
Calgary, AB
August 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM




"Prof. Mariano F. Manguerra and his wife, the former Concepcion Cuenco of Cebu, were the kindest and most understanding of advisers. They were second parents to the ingenious and idealistic kids (yes, we were kids!) that were always ready for us. Our relationship with them was close and continued even after college years."  ~ Excerpt by Angel Francisco Gutierrez de Jesus, Batch 32 Tau Alpha

Read also some other blog entries about my father:

Old Photographs and Memories  
Death of a Carnival Queen
Lola Remedios and her Sayas
Roots - Pictures of my mother and more
Archbishop Jose Ma. Cuenco and Spain's Generalissimo Franco
75 Cebuano Families of Distinction to be honored in Cebu

tags: Tau Alpha Fraternity, University of the Philippines, UP, Mariano Flores Manguerra, Mariano F. Manguerra, Mariano Manguerra, Cecilia Manguerra Brainard, Engineering School 



Delete

No comments: