Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cecilia Brainard's 2013 IN REVIEW - pictures!

Wow! 2013 was quite a year! I did a lot of travelling. My family and I had some personal adventures. We had some worldwide disasters, including the 7.1 Magnitude earthquake in Bohol and Cebu, Philippines; the horrendous supertyphoon Haiyan, other global changes of the weather, unrest in the Middle East.


January-February I was in the Philippines. I was able to visit National Artist, F. Sionil Jose, twice.



May - we went to Paris, France and had a personal adventure there.


June-July - I visited the Philippines again and did a writers' retreat with some friends.

July-August - I was in Canada with high school friends.

August - September - we went to Brazil and Argentina.

October 15 - A 7.1 Magnitude earthquake hit Bohol and  Cebu, Philippines.

Also in October I attended the Filipino American Book Festival in San Francisco; and we went to Cambria, California.



November 7 - Super Typhoon Haiyan or Yolanda struck Central Philippines, killing over 5,000.

December - I had a personal adventure and a quick visit to Cambria.



I'm praying that 2014 will be a good year for all of us!

Read also
The Weeping Statue of Mary in Odlot, by Cecilia Brainard in Positively Filipino
New Year's Resolutions of some friends (and me!)
New Year: Vietnamese Tet and the Kitchen Gods
Christmas Reflection: The Holy Family as Refugees
Christmas Eve at the Brainards

tags: New Year, Resolution, 2014

All for now,
Cecilia 



No comments: