Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Cards Versus E-Cards - #Christmas



I am at this moment trying to decide whether I'll mail out (hard copy) Christmas Cards or email E-cards. I remember going through this dilemma when I had to decide if I wanted a Kindle or not (I did get a Kindle and appreciate how practical it is when travelling).

Christmas Cards seem more personal than E-Cards, although I've been seeing some nice E-cards by Jacqui Lawson.

Christmas Cards involve the destruction of trees; they entail more work and cost in terms of production and mailing. Frankly, after Christmas, I toss them away because I simply don't have storage space for Christmas Cards.

The idea of limiting the destruction of trees (from which paper is made), is very attractive to me.

Further, the greeting card industry makes so much money -- do I really want to support them?



On the other hand I feel wary about relying on something non-tangible. There is something reassuring about holding a book or card in one's hands. I sometimes wonder what future civilizations will think of our world when they don't find our writings. (Will they have the devices to decode our E-books and other digital stuff?)

I don't have the answer as of yet, dear Readers, and will be mulling this over in the next days -- and soon, because if I mail cards, I have to do this right away.

Forgive my short blog entries, I've been busy rewriting my third novel --- oh, such a slow process; and I'm also preparing for Christmas, a big celebration for us.

Just for your information, here's a link about where wood for pulp and paper come from:

Where does the wood for pulp and paper come from ?

Wood for making cellulose pulp and paper comes primarily from sawmill waste, thin treetops that cannot be used for making timber and from so-called secondary cuttings: smaller trees that have to be “thinned” from a growing forest in order to make space for the remaining trees that will grow to full size.

On average close to 90% of the wood used by the European paper industry is grown in Europe. The remainder comes, mainly in the form of cellulose pulp, from highly professional producers in Canada, Brazil, Chile and other countries with exporting forest industries.

Read also


  • Christmas and the Nochebuena
  • The Philippine Parol Christmas Lantern
  • Colon Street
  • Guest Blogger: Celine Conejos Reviews Restaurants in Geneva, Switzerland
  • Guest Blogger: Manny Gonzalez "The Most Beautiful Women in Rome"
  • Guest Blogger: Celine Conejos Reviews Makati Restaurants



  • Guest Blogger: Manny Gonzalez Reviews Paris Restaurants

  • Tags: Christmas, holiday, E-cards, digital, Christmas cards, greeting cards

    This is all for now,
    Cecilia




    No comments: